Sustainability: Nature and environment
Sustainable travel takes nature and the environment into account.
Pure Nepal can organize journeys through the stunning scenery of the Himalayas as well as trips through the lower hills and green valleys and jungle trips in the tropical lowlands of the Terai. This can all be done without damaging, depleting or polluting the natural environment. Taking simple measures has a large effect in the Himalayas as well as in other areas of Nepal.
What does Pure Nepal do to maintain the beauty of the valleys and mountains?
- Travelers go out in small groups, pairs or individually.
- Local guides and/or carriers come along to assist.
- Recommend and sell refillable water bottles.
- Waste and packaging materials are taken back with us or left behind at special collection points.
- Sensible use of fuel in cold regions.
Observe plants and animals without disturbing them.
Special attention for the Himalayas
The living nature in the mountains of the Himalayas is extremely vulnerable. The low temperatures cause the plants and trees to grow at a very slow rate and the animals in this environment rely on them to survive. In contrast with the imposing grandeur of the mountains, the ecosystem is very fragile. The few people who live in these areas also depend largely on the scarce resources nature provides. All other necessities of life need to be brought in by foot. Even organic waste breaks down very slowly here.